Monday, March 7, 2016

Extremely Me


Extremely Me


I’m too extreme

For this reality

The lot of you

Can’t handle the one of me



So I’m sending all my love

My devastated hopes

My broken dreams

Into my next life



The letter will say:



“Dear New Me,

Be true to you

Don’t let them take you down

Like you did last lifetime

Me”

~Cie~

Prompts Used:

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is good. I really like the snap of the first verse. And the note itself is the perfect ending. Dark, but in a good way. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating a good life in the afterlife can have a therapeutic effect in the present life. It can well change the testing times faced now into better times and accord the good life benefits to be enjoyed now. It works that way if one insists on one's mind apparently. Good take Cara!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written, Cara. This is a touchy situation to write about but you handled it well. "My devastated hopes My broken dreams" to be sent to the next life with those hopes and dreams being handled in a nice way this time is a nice way to feel about them. Though hopes seem devastated, there is still hope, though hard to find because of discouragement.
    I have a taste of that when I was young but growing and going (much like a next life, I call it such) at that time is possible. Old didn't go away but the new is fresh except for old memories and scars that remain.
    Sorry I went on and on here, Cara. You are a wonderful writer and bring out the empathy in your readers. That ability doesn't come easy and empathy is often hesitant.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim. I think I bring out the empathy in empathic people such as yourself. I seem to bring out hostility from the "normal" types.

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of writing a letter to oneself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually done so, oddly enough, as much as I'm given to introspection.
      My son once wrote a letter to himself at the behest of one of his teachers. He was 16, and the letter was to be opened when he was 21. He wrote "dear self, I hope the same dumb shit still pisses you off as much now as it did then." He said he was pleased that it did!

      Delete
  5. Too extreme for reality ~ there are more than a few reality TV personalities who fit this description :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please don't throw me in the same basket with the Kardashian Krew! I'm nothing like them! I actually do think about something besides having other people ogle me.

      Delete
  6. Doorways to the Netherworld can be found anywhere!
    In the fourth grade, we studied the Netherlands. I always wanted to visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of writing a letter to yourself... even if it's not the next life, but just another year or another day... and just maybe it's the reality that's wrong and not you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good. There is a site somewhere where you can post an email to yourself. You inspire me to try it.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.