Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Seventy-Seven


Consciousness Shifted
You were gone from the world
A candle flame snuft

May 31 would have been my father's seventy-seventh birthday.
He passed from the world on November 28 2010 after a long period of declining health.


  

A must-have tool for Haiku. My father, a professor of literature and social sciences, would have approved.

5 comments:

  1. Incredible emotional haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such strong emotion is your words. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad, beautifully written haiku in memory of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the emotions through your words and now I see the candle flame in the prompt.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.