Love is Like
Love is like
A knife through the heart
A whispered lie
A dream that you wake from weeping
A tsunami
A hurricane
A tornado
Love is like falling through space
Love is like a black hole
Love is a mystery
Love is always in the future
Love is something that happens to other people
Love is like an urban legend
Love is like the medication they put you on after an accident or an operation
Love is addiction
Love is withdrawal
Love is like being lost in a house of mirrors
Love is like loneliness
Only more so
~Koni~


love-ly poem
ReplyDeleteenjoyed it very much.
Oh, how sad. I hope this is not really how it is for you.
ReplyDeleteFrom the sound of Love's ocean in the black hole of our hearts the echoes spiral far and wide tossed by the anticipation as well the deafening loneliness. Brilliant and original last line and concept. Our smug little universe amplified but with the stars also we blue babies cutting teeth.
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing you haven't had great experiences with love yet? :( Don't worry, you will. :) Loved the energy in this 'slam'... I could imagine someone screaming out these words on a stage. X
ReplyDeletehttp://iurl.no/yb402
So many myriad hues of love, sometimes it hurts and sometimes heals.
ReplyDeleteSad thoughts ,, but can't say I have not been there.. sometimes love is pain.
ReplyDeleteReally like this poem. It captures all the good and bad things about love. Well done.
ReplyDeleteWow, powerful poem! No flowery love here. I loved the line "Love is like being lost in a house of mirrors".
ReplyDeleteFugika: Thank you
ReplyDeleteViv: It is
L. Edgar: Thank you
Shah: No, I won't. Not in this life. I live with severe mental illness. People like me don't do well with romantic love situations.
Vandana: Indeed!
Nimue: It is indeed.
Janet & Margit: Thank you.
Thank you all for your comments!
<3 Koni
All very true.
ReplyDeleteRhi: thank you.
ReplyDeleteI love shadowy poems that dive into the darkness and this certainly fits that to a t. "Love is addiction - Love is withdrawal" so true in many instances. Thank you for sharing your heart on the page.
ReplyDeleteWow, so true. I can relate to all of it, and I love the form of your poem.
ReplyDeleteI like that this poem covers all emotions that love can evoke. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteThank you Morgan, Christine, and Lance, on behalf of Koni.
ReplyDeleteStark and honest. Our social visions of romanticized love are so much a part of us that it is hard to write a "love is like" poem without resembling a teen-ager. You did a great job with a difficult prompt.
ReplyDelete"Love is like loneliness // only more so. Just blows me away.
Thank you Alfred, on behalf of Koni. :-)
ReplyDelete