Image credit: itmuryn / 123RF Stock Photo
I Am
The prompt is to pick a letter and choose words that stand out for that letter. I used the Word By Letter page for help.
I think this will be a little more light-hearted than my last poem, though perhaps revealing in its own way!
I am Adam
Adam I am
I like art
Sometimes I can be a bit of an ass
But I hope never in an appalling way
When I get angry
I try to appease myself
By eating an apple
Or watching a show about apes on the Discovery Channel
Or maybe a show about auks on Animal Planet
I was never in the army
I generally don't use an axe or an auger
After a fancy meal, I might like a bit of apricot brandy
With pizza I prefer an ale
Once in an amber moon, I get my lunch from the Golden Arches
I like animals
Including alpacas
And dinosaurs
Including the Ankylosaurus
Armadillos and Anteaters are fun as well
I have found my animus
Who loves me, although I can be a bit asinine
We were introduced on All Hallows Eve
We will celebrate our anniversary with abysmal horror movies
So we can act like we're scared as an excuse for affection
I'd best abbreviate this anthem to the letter A
Ere it becomes appallingly prolonged
Thank you for joining me on my alphabetical adventure
I hope my attempt at verse has amused you
So aloha and adieu for now!
~Adam~


I enjoyed that. Excellent use of the prompt, entertaining and flowing.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Awful which is an Aberration. It's the only Adjective...oh wait, Awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you all, on behalf of Adam.
ReplyDelete<3 Emrald
I love the juxtaposition of all of your "A" words, especially the lines "I have found my animus
ReplyDeleteWho loves me, although I can be a bit asinine..."
Well done. Keep up the great work!
Thank you Ginger, on behalf of Adam. :-)
ReplyDelete