Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Cheese Grates It: 30 Days of Haiga 2017 Day 28 + OctPoWriMo 2017 Day 11: Play For Me

Click to Enlarge
Verse and text by The Real Cie

Note:
This image features Malcolm Young doing what he did so well before dementia robbed him of his ability to remember how to do this or to remember who the people he cared about most were.
I hate this damn disease. It makes me sick, sad, and angry.
Even if it seems unrealistic, I have to believe that he either no longer functions through this body (his brother has stated that he isn't in there at all anymore, and I think few people would know better than one's soul mate) or one day he will wake up free of that body and remember everything.
I believe in at least the possibility of some pretty esoteric shit. You're free to believe it or not. It's really no skin off my nose either way.
This man did not deserve what is happening to him. It's horrible and it's wrong. To quote young Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes fame, "it's either mean or it's arbitrary, and either way, it gives me the creeps."
Isn't Calvin middle-aged now?
Even so, you know Hobbes is still with him.
In closing, fuck you Dementia. 
This is why horror movies don't scare me. Real life is far more terrifying.
I hope that we get at least a bit of respite between lives.
Yes, I actually do believe in at least the possibility of reincarnation. You're free to believe the same or not. I'm not here to argue. 
Quoth the barista: "I'm just here to express."

~The Cheese Hath Grated It~





4 comments:

  1. Terrible disease. It robs us of too many. Great write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. A line that struck me: "I hope that we get at least a bit of respite between lives."

    And I noticed your Lewy Body ribbon. Someone dear to me was just diagnosed. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that.
      Dementia is the worst. Glen Campbell's wife said that it would be better to die some other way, and she's right. People who haven't watched a loved one go through it can't understand that attitude.
      I took care of people with dementia for most of my working life. My father had vascular dementia, which presents differently than a disease such as Alzheimer's or Lewy Body. It was still horrible.
      My aunt has what is probably Lewy Body dementia.
      I went into working with pediatric patients, and then I got out of nursing altogether. Now I deliver groceries.

      Delete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.