Friday, May 16, 2014

Stairway to Heaven on Earth


We ascend
The steep stairway to
A little
Heaven on
Earth made Heavenly because
We are together

~Adam~

This poem is a Shadorma. The prompt comes from Mindlovemisery's Menagerie. The theme is stairs.
A shadorma is composed of six non-rhyming lines (sestina or sextet) and the syllable pattern is 3-5-3-3-7-5.  It can have as many stanzas as you like, just as long as each stanza follows the syllable pattern mentioned above.
I thought about writing another stanza, but I have a tendency to get too wordy if I don't rein myself in. Sometimes less is more!
I wrote the poem with my fiancé, Dylan, in mind. He brings a bit of Heaven to Earth for me every day.


9 comments:

  1. *big smile* This is so nicely put, and your comment in the process notes makes the whole thing turn into one big 'awwwww' moment! Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see what you've done with your first shadorma! Very nice and hope your Dylan enjoys it too! Thanks for taking up the challenge! And have a great week, Bastet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all, on behalf of Adam. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Abhilasha and readinpleasure, on behalf of Adam. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, with three caveats.
Be cool, Fool.
Don't be rude, Dude.
Don't be a prick, Slick.
That's all, Saul.
I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.