This one looked like fun. I thought I'd give it a try!
Loves Me Not
Pick daisy
Lay lazy
Feel crazy
Mind hazy
Wax phrasey
Clear jewel
Love's own fool
Used like tool
Skipping school
Jump in pool
He is gone
Just a con
A Don Juan
He moved on
I'm a pawn
Can't forget
That we met
Eyes are wet
Mind is set
Not done yet
~Opal~
The Mini-monoverse is a poetry form originated by Emily Romano. Each Mini-monoverse is made up of two stanzas of five three-syllable lines. They rhyme scheme is a/a/a/a/a for the first stanza and b/b/b/b/b for the second stanza. For a double Mini-monoverse just add two more stanzas. They rhyme scheme for the third stanza should be c/c/c/c/c and for the fourth stanza, d/d/d/d/d. It is desirable that the Mini-monoverse tell a story, but this is not a hard and fast rule.
Example #1:
How Many Times?
Thunderbolt!
Foolish dolt,
On a colt,
Feels the jolt
Of a volt.
Aftermath:
Venting wrath
In the bath,
Second swath!
Do the math.
Copyright © 2007 Emily Romano


Oooh, great work!!!
ReplyDeleteSarah Allen
(From Sarah, With Joy)
Thank you, on behalf of Opal. :-)
DeleteOooh, this one is fun. Wait, didn't I say the same thing yesterday? I guess they're all fun...
ReplyDeleteLiz A. from Laws of Gravity
Yes, they are. Teammate Helena submitted a real challenging one. Better her than me on the P one!
DeleteLoves Me Not is an awesome poem! I love the flow, and it tells a complete and compelling story. Nicely done!
ReplyDelete-L.G. Keltner, minion in Captain Alex's Ninja Army
http://lgkeltner.blogspot.com/
http://warpednerdiversity.blogspot.com/
Thank you, on behalf of Opal. :-)
Delete